need advise please - Kawasaki ZX-6R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

need advise please

Hi Everyone,

Okay so I need some serious advice from anyone willing to offer any. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Let me start by giving some background information about me. I am a 19 year old male. I would consider myself a responsible and safe driver. I have been driving since I first got my license at age 16. I have a clean driving record, no blemishes at all. I have taken the driver training course and successfully completed it (although it was too easy). I always use defensive driving when I am on any road which is why I have avoided so many situations that could have lead to accidents. I grew up on a farm where I did nothing but drive any motorized vehicle. So since the age of 3 I have been driving. I have driven go karts, dirtbikes, and four wheelers. I got my first dirtbike when I was 5 or so, a 50cc dirtbike. I rode in day in and day out. As I got older I upgraded my bikes. I have owned and ridden 125cc-250cc dirtbikes ranging from 4-strokes to 2-strokes. Also, I raced in a few different divisions as a kid. So all in all I would say I have a lot of experience riding on dirtbikes. I know that riding on dirtbikes are not the same as riding a motorcycle on the street. But I would still consider myself fairly experienced to ride a motorcycle.

Now to my question. I currently own a 2005 ninja 250. This is my very first street bike. I have about 3mo riding on the road with it. I have read many forums and decided to take the safest and smartest way into sport bike riding. I decided to get a ninja 250 and learn on it for awhile. I wanted to get acclimated to the road on a motorcycle. I feel 100% comfortable on it. The power is minimal and the controls are smooth and easy. It really is a great starter bike. I plan on riding for another 3mo but after then I plan on upgrading my bike. I am considering the options: 650r vs zx6r. I have read all the facts and watched many different videos on both. I know the differences in the bikes and the purpose of each bike. I am trying to decide which would be a better bike for me. I only ride for pleasure. It wont be my daily commute. I have three different cars for that purpose. It will be purely for fun and enjoyment. I know the zx6r is going to be way more powerful and the 650r is an easier commuter with better gas mileage. Neither I am too worried about due the frequency of use will be low. I just donít know which bike would be better for me. I love the looks of both. Either one I purchase will be an 09 model. Money is not the issue. I feel like I should get the 650r for the skill/ease/smart decision. But I really would like a zx6r. If I get the 650r then I know eventually I will get the zx6r later down the road. I feel like the 650r will be fun and a lot better than the 250 but I am worried if I get the zx6r it might be too much for me to handle. I feel that eventually I could get used to it but it would take awhile. I would never be doing anything stupid with either. I am a safe driver and I am trying to stay alive. I feel 100% comfortable with 650r upgrade but I still want to consider the zx6r. I donít want it to be overwhelming. I am trying to make the best/smartest decision. Do you think I should get the 650r or zx6r? Which would be the better choice? Pros and cons?

Thankyou so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 AM

Bike: 2011 Ninja ZX6R
If you are a responsible and extremely defensive rider and your 100% confident you will not lose your self control to speed and do something crazy get the ZX6R.

The new generation ZX6R (09-11) is definitely the best super sport 600 out right now. Lots of fun. I'm sure you did your research, but remember the ZX6R can pretty much go around 180+mph according to the tach and probably 170ish mph according to GPS. If you crash at that speed your pretty much dead.

IMO the best thing to do is take it slow. You only have one life, why waste it for one foolish decision?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 PM

Bike: 2008 Ninja ZZR 600
I just picked up an '09 ZX6R this past Friday and I love it! I have had street bikes and sport bikes in the past, but this is the first one since 2000. So, needless to say, I am a little rusty with my riding skills. Fortunately, the ZX6R seems very forgiving in the low rpm range and has been really easy to ride. I haven't taken the bike past about 7000 rpm yet, so I can't say how it is at high rpm. I am taking it easy and learning the bike before I get into the power of it. So far it has been a blast to ride and I get all kinds of looks. My bike is gorgeous and people seem to dig it. I think you would be able to handle the ZX6R as long as you're responsible with it. Either way you go, have fun and ride safe.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 11:54 PM

Your background is almost identical to mine. I started on a 2011 Ninja 250r. Rode it for four months, about 6500 miles and bought a 2011 ZX6R. It has a lot more power. The biggest differences to me though we're the riding position. Took me a while to find my pegs and my kickstand! Lol. You will probably be just fine with the 600, so long as you go slow, and stay within your capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 01:38 AM

bike choice

Dillan, you sound like a responsible guy so either bike would be a nice step up. My suggestion is get the one you are most attracted too otherwise you'll be kicking yourself.
Both bikes have their own unique qualities which will become apparent after you've ridden them a while. You a young fella so you'll become a proficient rider on either bike (and most any bike for that matter), so get the one you are attracted to.
My next suggestion would be, take your current bike to the track. Being that it is a 250 and not a 600 or 650 you'll be more likely to learn how to ride fast. With the 250's a rider learns how to keep corner entry speeds up and how to carry that speed through the apex and out the exit. I say this because a 250 doesn't have the grunt out of the corner so you're depending on the speed you carried in to the corner. Whats more important than that is track riding "will make" you a better street rider because you learn how to brake and how to turn a motorcycle.
Just my 2 cents

Cheers
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 03:42 AM

ell me the details and process..if i want to buy

jessica
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 06:44 AM

Took me a while to find my pegs and my kickstand! Lol. You will probably be just fine with the 600, so long as you go slow, and stay within your capabilities.

Pass4sure Pass 4 sure
Braindumps http://my-braindumps.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-6R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode