04 636 no start - Kawasaki ZX-6R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Bike: zx10r, zrx 1200, zx636
Unhappy 04 636 no start

bike cranks but will not start. FI light blinks while cranking. Whats this about getting a troubleshooting code read out? Unhooked gas line to fuel injector line, cranked engine, very little fuel came out . Could this be a bad fuel pump or could the ECU be faulty and not sending the signal for enough fuel to the Injectors? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 PM

Sorry just realized this thread was old

Not sure if this is the problem and Im sure you already checked but I just went through this with my friends bike. His would turn on but we wouldnt hear the fuel pump prime so we thought it was the fuel pump. But in a fuel pump still nothing. Checked the fuses in the fuse box all were good. But there is a white with blue marks wire coming out of the wiring harness under the seat that has a 15amp fuse in it. It was busted. There was a spare right there with it. Put the new fuse in and bam it started right up. Bike has been down since Nov. thinking it was the fuel pump and all this time it was a fuse. Hope this helps.

Last edited by grassman2852; 03-22-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: old thread
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 10:48 PM

I've had my 03 Zx636 for over 3 years. Had low and highs with it one of the problems I've had has been ignition system and charging system. Start by charging you battery to 100% then test it. Try to test it your self because shops will tell your battery is bad just to sell you a new one. Also check ks the resisitance in you stator plugs and rectifier plugs make sure its up to specs. Another thing is mess with the knob that that adjusts your idle under the seat. Several other things to check but usually something simple don't over think it.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-6R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode